There are a various set of different versions of the game available. This explains the major differences and links to patch notes where possible and for the most modern patches post-1.69 the relevant script and engine changes.
The version identifier is also used for matching a module against a game edition for compatibility. For instance a NWN:EE 1.80 version of a module will be tagged in the module.ifo file under the "Mod_MinGameVer" string as 1.80, meaning you are unable to load this in a Diamond Edition version of the game at all.
With NWN:EE the versioning numbers got longer, information about this is available below.
1.69 - Diamond Edition
The last Bioware patch released 9th July 2004. The details of this and all the previous Bioware patches are available on the NWN Fandom Wiki Patch page.
1.70 - 1.73 Fan Patches
Shadooow created a set of Community Patches once Bioware had finished patching. This is still under development but contains no new scripting or engine functionality. You can find the vault page here.
1.74 - NWN:EE
The first versions of NWN:EE by Beamdog were beta versions before the game came out. We now step into using both a major ID and a development ID. Several development IDs are used throughout a major ID number. This means newer or older clients can connect to newer or older servers (eg; visual enhancements don't need a server to be updated, while a server running a script differently doesn't need the latest client). Major bumps are generally done for architecture reasons, or netcode reasons.
These are links to the various patches, any notable engine changes related to scripting, or script events/fixes, will be noted to the side.
- 1.74.8159 February 15th, 2018
- 1.74.8160 February 23rd, 2018 - Toolset script compiler memory leak fix
- 1.74.8161 February 28th, 2018
- 1.74.8162 March 5th, 2018 - GetIsPlayerConnectionRelayed
- 1.74.8163 March 7th, 2018
- 1.74.8164 March 16th, 2018 - GetEventScript, SetEventScript
- 1.74.8165 March 22nd, 2018
- 1.74.8166 March 23rd, 2018
1.74.8166 was the release version of NWN:EE, which was released fully on March 27th 2018.
- 1.74.8167 April 10th, 2018
- 1.74.8168 April 17th, 2018
- 1.74.8169 April 27th, 2018 - GetObjectVisualTransform, SetObjectVisualTransform
- 1.74.8170 May 4th, 2018 - SetMaterialShaderUniformInt, SetMaterialShaderUniformVec4, ResetMaterialShaderUniforms
- 1.74.8171 May 11th, 2018 - fixed the following script events for player characters: OnSpellCastAt, OnMeleeAttacked, OnPerception, and OnCombatRoundEnd.
- 1.74.8172 May 18th, 2018
- 1.75.8174 May 25th, 2018 - fixed OnMeleeAttacked and OnDamaged not firing on creatures.
- 1.75.8175 May 30th, 2018 - fixed SetTransitionTarget did not always propagate changes to clients
- 1.75.8176 June 1st, 2018
- 1.75.8177 June 15th, 2018
- 1.75.8178 June 22nd, 2018
1.76 is a single release version
- 1.76.8179 July 6th, 2018 RC
- 1.76.8179 July 11th, 2018 Release - Script Compiler: We now allow escaping backslashes (“\”).
This added NWSync to the game.
- 1.77.8180 September 20th, 2018 - Toolset: The compiler include limit has been bumped to 128.
- 1.77.8181 September 27th, 2018 - RC release
- 1.77.8181 October 2nd, 2018 - Stable 1.77 release
- 1.77.8182 October 20th, 2018 - NWsync experimental support
- 1.77.8183 October 24th, 2018
- 1.77.8184 November 2nd, 2018
- 1.77.8185 November 13th, 2018
This began the Android beta and feature parity.
- 1.78.8186 November 15th, 2018
- 1.78.8186 November 20th, 2018 - Stable 1.78 release. Fixes a bug in RetrieveCampaignObject
- 1.78.8187 December 21st, 2018
- 1.78.8188 August 6, 2019 - ExecuteScriptChunk, GetRandomUUID, GetObjectUUID, ForceRefreshObjectUUID, GetObjectByUUID plus ruleset.2da and other major 2da changes. Fixes for SetPhenoType, SetName.
- 1.78.8189 Agust 14th, 2019 - The effect limit accessors now adhere to the configuration constraints. Values set through these will always override the user-configured values for the running module only. Fixed GetEffecTSpellId so it returns -1 on invalid.
78.8190 78.8191 79.8192 79.8193 79.8193.1 79.8193.2 79.8193.3 79.8193.4 79.8193.5 79.8193.6 79.8193.7 79.8193.8 79.8193.9 80.8193.10 80.8193.11 80.8193.12 80.8193.13