There are a various set of different versions of the game available. This explains the major differences and links to patch notes where possible and for the most modern patches post-1.69 the relevant script and engine changes.
The version identifier is also used for matching a module against a game edition for compatibility. For instance a NWN:EE 1.80 version of a module will be tagged in the module.ifo file under the "Mod_MinGameVer" string as 1.80, meaning you are unable to load this in a Diamond Edition version of the game at all.
With NWN:EE the versioning numbers got longer, information about this is available below.
1.69 - Diamond Edition
The last Bioware patch released 9th July 2004. The details of this and all the previous Bioware patches are available on the NWN Fandom Wiki Patch page.
1.70 - 1.73 Fan Patches
Shadooow created a set of Community Patches once Bioware had finished patching. This is still under development but contains no new scripting or engine functionality. You can find the vault page here.
1.74 - NWN:EE Beta
The first versions of NWN:EE by Beamdog were beta versions before the game came out. We now step into using both a major ID and a development ID. Several development IDs are used throughout a major ID number. This means newer or older clients can connect to newer or older servers (eg; visual enhancements don't need a server to be updated, while a server running a script differently doesn't need the latest client). Major bumps are generally done for architecture reasons, or netcode reasons.
These are links to the various patches, any notable engine changes related to scripting, or script events/fixes, will be noted to the side.
- 1.74.8159 February 15th, 2018
- 1.74.8160 February 23rd, 2018 - Toolset script compiler memory leak fix
- 1.74.8161 February 28th, 2018
- 1.74.8162 March 5th, 2018 - GetIsPlayerConnectionRelayed
- 1.74.8163 March 7th, 2018
- 1.74.8164 March 16th, 2018 - GetEventScript, SetEventScript
- 1.74.8165 March 22nd, 2018
- 1.74.8166 March 23rd, 2018
This is the release version of the NWN:EE, which was released March 27th 2018.
- 1.75.8176 June 1st, 2018 - GetObjectVisualTransform, SetObjectVisualTransform, SetMaterialShaderUniformInt, SetMaterialShaderUniformVec4, ResetMaterialShaderUniforms
- 1.75.8177 June 15th, 2018
- 1.75.8177 June 22nd, 2018
This release added the major feature NWsync.
- 1.76.8176 - July 11, 2018
Beamdog released NWN:EE on 27th March, 2018. This brought about a new version 1.79.
1.80 Stable 8193.9 released on 17th March 2020. The Steam Patch Notes contain all the changes. The relevant scripting changes are: