SetAreaWind(object, vector, float, float, float)
- The area to update wind settings.
- The wind direction direction expressed as a vector.
- The wind strength setting.
- The wind yaw setting.
- The wind pitch setting.
Sets the detailed wind data for oArea
The predefined values in the toolset area properties are:
- NONE: vDirection=(1.0, 1.0, 0.0), fMagnitude=0.0, fYaw=0.0, fPitch=0.0
- LIGHT: vDirection=(1.0, 1.0, 0.0), fMagnitude=1.0, fYaw=100.0, fPitch=3.0
- HEAVY: vDirection=(1.0, 1.0, 0.0), fMagnitude=2.0, fYaw=150.0, fPitch=5.0
This allows a modicum of control over the rather basic wind in NWN. The wind affects:
- New 8193.14 water (waves and the like)
- Some visual effects such as smoke and dust effects
- "Danglymesh" on objects - Flags, pennants, and some creature body parts
It is worth experimenting with it, and can be quite fun to change (at least you can now attempt different wind directions!).
The vDirection should probably be normalised, or clamped to a maximum of 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, and fMagnitude altered, but you might find it easier to overdo a specific vDirection amount than messing with fMagnitude and increasingly weird values of vDirection to get it to work well.
This function was added in 1.80.8193.14 of NWN:EE.