SetObjectVisualTransform(object, int, float)
- Can be any valid Creature, Placeable, Item or Door.
- An OBJECT_VISUAL_TRANSFORM_* constant specifying the tranform type to apply
- Depends on the transformation to apply.
Sets a visual transform on the given object.
Returns the old/previous value.
This has several useful applications for both creatures, placeables, items and doors. The item transformations can only occur when it is placed on the ground and has a model (not in a placeable itself).
Placeables must be non-static for this to work on them (the usable flag isn't required). For more information about placeable states see the nwn.wiki page.
Creatures transformed retain their appearance.2da values for PERSPACE and CPERSPACE, so a "Enlarged" creature appearance would start to clip into terrain.
Some ideas for potential useful or fun uses of this:
- Giant area - all placeables are scaled down in size while the player stays the same size. Works especially well in tilesets with little in built terrain
- Raising from the dead - A creature's Z location can be translated under the map, an animation played and they are gradually "raised" upwards to where Z = 0.0
- Flying - With some appropriate animation set, a Z translation upwards can make a creature fly.
- Displacement - Have the character randomly blink around their X, Y location when under the effect of some defensive spells to make it seem as if they're dodging in and out of space.
- Mad world - Have placeables on ceilings, on walls, or spinning around.
A more advanced usage would be on a non-static placeable that is incredibly large - but would pop in/out of view of the player (Due to the 45M distance range on placeables loading) several versions of the placable could be put at discrete distances that essentially overlap using this command (meaning one at least always visible).
Note the visual transformation cannot be done completely smoothly (seems you can do several a second but not 1 per frame), but it can look reasonable enough for changing up/down size or moving objects around.
|constants:|| OBJECT_VISUAL_TRANSFORM_* Constant Group|